An Assistant L&D & HR Manager will act as a change catalyst for cultural and organizational transformation through the development of function excellence among Team Members. Provide administrative and operational support to the DOHR and takes charge/represents the Department in his/her absence.What will I be doing?
As an Assistant L&D & HR Manager, you serve as an integral component of the Human Resources function by supporting learning and development initiatives through Hilton's comprehensive training framework. Specifically, Assistant L&D & HR Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Support departments in developing cutting edge functional excellence and in developing leadership capabilities
- Act as a change catalyst in the cultural and organizational transformation of the Hotel
- Provide key input of Training aspects for all activities and plans of the Hotel
- Support individual and team development, career development, and training and experience-based learning
- Induct, coach, and mentor new Team Members
- Interact with hotel leaders responsible for people development on a daily basis to provide support to operational departments
- Partner with department to deliver training programs and other organizational and leadership development interventions
- Monitor and conduct learning and development reviews with each department
- Prepare annual training plans and training calendars for the hotel
- Provide support to the Director of Human Resourcesin the day-to-day operation and take charge/representsthe department in the absence of the Director.
- Assist in overseeing the HR functionsrelating to manning, recruitment, employee relations benefits, performance reviews and other related HR functions. Direct/coordinates with the team through oral or written instruction the HR programs and facilitate successful completion of all related programs and events
- Prepares periodic reports relating to Human Resources function (e.g. turnover, manning etc) through the use of moderately complex computersystem and written reports
- Oversees and administer the overall function of the payroll system (OASYS/eDocs) relating to HR
- Listen, counsels and assists on disciplining team members through clear, calm and direct oral and written communications in accordance with corporate and hotel specific guidelines.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of candidates and ensures that vacancies are filled as per the time frame.
- Implements the DT CARE Committee/Coordinates/Follows-up on events/program for team members and ensures timely completion of the same.
- Ensures that all hotel personnel records and Human Resources files are maintained and confidentiality of the same is observed.
- Support in designing policies and procedures as required by the DOHR
- Coordinates and communicate all relevant data, facts and information to the DOHR, team and other departments where necessary.
- Monitors manning and ensures that all recruitment are based on the plan or approved budget.
- Overseeing Team Reastaurant/Team transportation/Team Accommodation and facilities.
An Assistant L&D & HR Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Thorough knowledge of modern learning and development tools and technique
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- Positive attitude
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Proficiency, at an intermediate level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Exceptional presentation and grooming
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, in Training or Human Resources
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!